Vanilla Yogurt Chocolate Chip Pancakes

VRBO

So that recipe title is a mouthful! Obviously, you don’t have to add the chocolate chips and can still have a nice, flavorful pancake. But really, who ever decides to leave out the chocolate?? 🙂

This is a variation of a quick and traditional pancake recipe, that should only take you a few minutes to throw together. What I like about these more than classic pancakes is the consistency – subbing yogurt in for milk creates a more dense and filling pancake. Plus, using vanilla yogurt in combination with some extra vanilla extract really adds the kind of flavor I like to have (I’m not really a plain gal 🙂 ).

Ingredients:

• 2C flour
  • 1T Baking Powder
  • 1/2t Salt
  • 1T Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1C Vanilla Yogurt
  • 2T Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2-1C Milk (as needed)
  • 2T Melted, cooled butter
  • 1 1/2C Chocolate Chips (I prefer the mini chips!)

In a large bowl, mix together your dry ingredients.

In a separate bowl, beat your eggs, 1/2C of milk and yogurt. Add your vanilla extract and whisk again.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry in three portions, stirring only to combine. If your batter appears to be too thick, add more milk until the batter is just thin enough to pour, but not runny. Fold in chocolate chips.

Preheat your skillet on the stovetop, and grease your pan. Use a 1/2C measuring cup to pour the pancakes onto the skillet. Cook until golden on both sides. They should be nice and thick but still a little fluffy and cooked all the way through.

Optional toppings I suggest: whipped cream, chocolate chips, maple syrup, chocolate syrup drizzle, sliced bananas or other fresh fruits, chocolate sprinkles 🙂

Chloe + Isabel 300x250 Generic Banner

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. Danielle says:

Don’t tempt me! Haha. These look amazing 😍

Liked by 1 person

2. Andrew Marco says:

so true, who can really not add in the chocolate chips when you can, thanks so much for the share!

Are there any other toppings that you recommend with this recipe?

Liked by 1 person

1. Sorry Andrew I just realized I never responded to you! I actually did a homemade almond whipped cream which was delicious. My daughter also likes them with fresh strawberries and bananas 😋

Liked by 1 person

1. Andrew Marco says:

I’ll certainly give it a try 🙂

I was wondering if you were on FB at all? It would be amazing if you could share your recipe in our group, would love for you to join our community of food lovers! Check us out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnlyGoodEats/

2. I am and would absolutely love to!

3. KR says:

Very good idea! 🙂 Thank you for inspiration!

4. Angie says:

Yumm! Thanks for sharing 😊

5. warporweft says:

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them 🙂

6. Those look so luscious, you could easily serve them for dessert, too!

7. Eva@L.E.EBakers says:

I’m with you on the chocolate, you can never have enough! Yum!

8. These pancakes are a delicious treat, Abbey! I love vanilla and it makes these pancakes so special!

Liked by 1 person