Posting a cookie skillet recipe makes me feel like the biggest basic b*tch in the world.
However, this is the easiest cookie skillet recipe I could imagine. It deserves a shout out.
I came across this on a boring Sunday night at home that I felt like needed a little excitement. By excitement, I mean sugar 🙂 I didn’t have much to bake with, but I did have all the basics… We were out of chocolate chips and ice cream, but I did get lucky and had some M&Ms on hand, and some whipped cream left over from pancakes the day before.
You know when some recipes are like “one bowl”… yeah this doesn’t even use a bowl, you mix AND bake everything in the skillet.
SO EASY guys.
My tips would be to lean on the side of under-cooking versus overcooking, so that the center is a little gooey. Also, it is meant to be served immediately, nice and hot and fresh… not something to bake and enjoy later.
This recipe is from a blog I follow, and you can read her version here: Ashley from Frugal Coupon Living
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (feel free to get creative and sub in different candies – I used M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place small skillet or 8″ round pan over low heat and melt butter. Allow butter to cool before adding the next ingredients. You don’t want your butter so hot that it cooks your eggs!!!
- Add sugar, brown sugar, beaten egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and spread to evenly distribute.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and top with vanilla ice cream.