I am so terribly behind on blog award posts! I honestly have been tagged in a few others and they got lost in my feed of comments, so if you tagged me and I didn’t participate, please don’t take it personally. I have discovered that these are a little more difficult to keep up with as my blog grows, but I do find them fun and like that they allow bloggers to get to know each other, and discover some other great blogs out there!
In the past month The Happiest Pixel nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award!!
Here Are The Rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (Thank you and congrats to Okoto!)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions from the nominator.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
So first, I was nominated by the happiest Pixel! Her real name is Silvia and she is blogging from Spain, which is the reason I love blogging – getting to ‘meet’ amazing and interesting people across the world!
3 Things about Me
- I have a two year old named Vivienne – she is a little bossy butt! I do a lot of my blogging while she is down for her naps on my days off, so when she eventually decides she is over naps, I’m really not sure what I’m going to do, haha!
- I love wine, but for the experience behind it more than anything. My favorite thing to do is try out new wineries to hear their story, learn about their winemaker (sometimes even meet them!), and listen to all the unique things that make each wine special. Our last trip to Napa we spent time learning about how different climates and soils affect the flavors you taste, and why climate shifts cause change in the same grapes, year-over-year. I find it extremely interesting!
- We are currently debating between buying a small RV or a vacation property in Eastern Washington. What sounds better… being able to tow an RV and camp anywhere in the US, or having a vacation spot that the family can look forward to visiting every year? We can’t decide! We drove the California coast on our way home from Napa this past year and there were so many incredible places to camp out that we thought the trip would be better with an RV! This little guy made by the “Happier Camper” is what we were thinking about.
- What is the story behind your blog name? It’s pretty simple… my name is Abbey and I needed a name for my company. Haha! I liked Abbey Co. since it reminded me of Tiffany & Co., and my name has never been one of the SUPER trendy ones, so I feel like it is unique especially with my spelling. I had thought about naming my business after my daughter Vivienne, but I figured that would leave any future children feeling a little left out.
- What is that one song you love to sing in the shower? I am pretty sure that I am still asleep when I get in the shower so I really am not a singer in there lol.
- What is the first thing you would do during a zombie apocalypse? I would barricade up my house so the zombies couldn’t get in! We are across the street from a grocery store from us that I would go raid for supplies next. I think we could do a good job surviving if we stayed put… a toddler and a dumb little dog wouldn’t do very well on the move, haha!
- What are 3 words you like? Sleep, wine, sunshine. Okay, maybe those are 3 things I like.
- Where is one place in the world you have always wanted to visit? I have always wanted to go to the Maldives!
My Best Posts:
My questions for you:
- What country are you blogging from, and have you lived in any others? I love hearing about where everyone lives and think it is so cool to have followers across the globe!
- What is your favorite time of year and why?
- What is your newest hobby?
- What is the best restaurant you have ever ate at? It doesn’t have to be the most expensive, just the cuisine you enjoyed the most.
- What is the next trip you have scheduled? Where are you going and why?
Hope you had fun reading!
XO – Abbey Co.