Happy first day of fall!
Fall is hands-down my favorite season of the year. It is my birthday, my husband’s birthday, and of course we get to celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving. Football returns to T.V., and the chilly weather rolls in welcoming me to break out my massive collection of boots and cozy sweaters. I know a lot of summer lovers think I am crazy, but there is something so comforting about fall and all it brings. Today you will surely find me in my happy place snuggled up on the couch in a fuzzy blanket watching a Halloween movie with my daughter drinking hot chocolate. Yes guys, I am THAT BASIC!
Perhaps the other part of it is that I am a foodie at heart, and grilling outside just does not do it for me. There is something comforting about the warmth of a busy kitchen on a cool day, and the thought of some homemade pastas and fall pies bring me happiness.
Somehow, we are ALREADY finding our schedules extremely packed with family events, so I wanted to take a moment to write my fall bucket list of things we want to do before the season gets away from us!
Fall Bucket List
- Visit an apple orchard and pick apples as a family. This is a big East Coast activity that we did ALL THE TIME growing up but somehow does not seem as popular out west. I am determined to go!
- Make homemade applesauce
- Go to a local Oktoberfest festival! We have family visiting and plan to bring them to one. So much fun!
- Visit a pumpkin patch with friends! We already have an outing scheduled the 15th
- Paint pumpkins! We seem to have more fun painting versus carving, and they tend to last longer that way.
- Make a Halloween Gingerbread House! I saw one on Amazon and am determined to make my own. Halloween Haunted Gingerbread House Kit- (affiliate)
- Make a REALLY COOL Halloween Cake! I am thinking black velvet.
- Bake with pumpkin, once a week. I told you I was basic!! Pumpkin bread pudding and pumpkin scones are two recipes on my list. Do you have a favorite pumpkin dish I should try? Once a week may be a lofty goal, but we will see!
- Blog at least 3 Thanksgiving recipes. This one will benefit you guys, because if there is one holiday I have on-lock, it is Thanksgiving.
- Throw a tailgate-theme football party!
- Make fancy Caramel Apples.
- Go trick-or-treating. My two year old keeps telling me she wants to be a ‘scary ghost’ or a ‘scary witch’. I am unsure of what that looks like in her mind, but these are the costumes I was thinking about: Kids White Ghost Halloween Cloak Costumes Toddlers Elf Cape Cosplay Role Play Dress Up (Small), Rubie’s Costume Glitter Witch Child Costume, Toddler
Well, are any of you big fall fans like me? If so, what do you have planned? I am not joking guys… I have at least 5 Halloween posts scheduled already that I wrote LAST YEAR! I just can’t wait! My season is here!
I would love to hear other fun fall things going on – I am interested in it all 🙂
X.O. – Abbey Co.
Here are some fun things from last year that will be coming your way soon!