Let me start by saying sorry/not sorry – I love pumpkin!! November being here means I give myself full approval to bake and cook with it obsessively. Lucky for me, my husband enjoys all my pumpkin craze, so we enjoy quite a bit of it together in the fall.
We have a “Sunday Funday” tradition in our house, which basically involves sleeping in and a nice big breakfast as a family. This past Sunday I put in a special request for pumpkin pancakes, and my hubby obliged! I love this recipe just the way it is, I wouldn’t change a thing! The pancakes are nice and dense, and the flavor is spectacular. We had some traditional maple syrup on hand, and it was just perfect. I hope you pumpkin lovers enjoy this as much as we did!!
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Original recipe adapted from All Recipes.
X.O. – Abbey Co.
P.S. Have you had the chance to check out my Amazon store? It is brand new, but I love it because I can easily bring you links to all my favorite items! I have just started adding items, but as I blog I will bring you more along the way.
Abbey Co. Seattle is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am not sponsored by any of these products, but am bringing you info on how to purchase them because I LOVE THEM!!!