This recipe came about on a hot summer day. My hubby had roasted a whole chicken the night before, and we had all this beautiful meat but it was way too hot to turn the oven on to reheat it! I instead decided to throw together a simple chicken salad with ingredients we had on-hand.
I started with cooked diced chicken breast and a large diced Fuji apple, then realized I had some craisins and chopped walnuts that would be a nice addition. We had it out on our patio with some fresh strawberries that I diced and tossed in a little sugar and lemon juice.
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large Apple (Fuji is what I used) diced
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon, give or take)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Dice your chicken and apples into small cubes. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Dice green onions. Toss in.
- Add dried cranberries and walnuts if desired.
- Toss in mayo, olive oil and stir.
- Salt, garlic and pepper to taste
- Serve as desired. I would recommend making a sandwich out of a croissant… or you could serve open-faced as I did on some toasted
14 Replies to “Simple Apple Chicken Walnut Salad! A perfect dinner for a hot summer day on the patio.”
ahhh this literally looks DELICIOUS!!! I’ve been looking for new recipes recently and this looks so perfect, thanks so much for sharing xxx
Thank you! It is very yummy and easy! I think some rosemary or grapes would be nice additions if you wanted to get creative!
This is my favourite ;):) and please, more strawberries 🙂
Gorgeous and yummy!
This looks amazing!
This looks like an amazing recipe to take to our potlucks or lunches when I get together with family. So simple to make too! Thank you!
Yes it would be perfect for that! With some croissants… yum!
Oh I love trying out new chicken salad recipes! This one looks delicious. 🙂
Thank you! It is worth a try for sure 🙂
Wow! looks so yummy! thanks for sharing 🙂
Yum! I love this combo! If you like adding fruit, I know this may sound strange, but you can put the spread on apple slices instead of bread! It’s delicious!
Yes I think that would be lovely, I bet you would actually get a little more of that juicy apple flavor. I think some fresh rosemary would be really nice in there as well!
Great patio dinner idea, looks fantastic!