This recipe came about on a hot summer day. My hubby had roasted a whole chicken the night before, and we had all this beautiful meat but it was way too hot to turn the oven on to reheat it! I instead decided to throw together a simple chicken salad with ingredients we had on-hand.
I started with cooked diced chicken breast and a large diced Fuji apple, then realized I had some craisins and chopped walnuts that would be a nice addition. We had it out on our patio with some fresh strawberries that I diced and tossed in a little sugar and lemon juice.
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large Apple (Fuji is what I used) diced
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon, give or take)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Dice your chicken and apples into small cubes. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Dice green onions. Toss in.
- Add dried cranberries and walnuts if desired.
- Toss in mayo, olive oil and stir.
- Salt, garlic and pepper to taste
- Serve as desired. I would recommend making a sandwich out of a croissant… or you could serve open-faced as I did on some toasted